> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Relays
Login | Register

Posted by Dennis Cherry on February 4th, 2003 04:43 PM
In reply to low voltage relays [ remcon] by David w. Mecone on December 27th, 2002 07:48 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post (s) for this thread:
> Ge Industrial Relays by doug seibert on 07/22/2004
> Here's your REMCON by doug seibert on 07/23/2004
> Here's the GE link by doug seibert on 09/16/2004
> Rencon online here: by doug seibert on 07/18/2005

No, Remcon was one of many who produced low valtage relays for house wiring.

The one still making the parts is General Electric.

A good place to look is Dale Electronic Supply

The GE relay has to be wired with a 24 volt transformer and diode to power the relay. See the wiring diagram for the RR7 relay under GE. The Remcon has a built in transformer into each relay, this is what goes bad.

When replacing the Recon relay with a GE you disconnect the large RED wire from the black, At the body of the relay cut the BLACK and WHITE wires.
Disconnet the three small wires (red, white, black) and remove the relay, use a screw driver to pry it loose from the box.

The large White wire shoud be cut off or terminated with a wire nut, it is not needed on the GE relay.

Strip the large Black wires and connect one to each of the large terminal screws. Insert the relay into the box just like the Remcon and make sure it snaps into the hole.

Now for the control wires. Connect the red wires together and the black wires together.

The Blue wire on the relay goes to the positve side of the 24 volts DC and the small white wire from the switch goes to the negative 24 volts. You only need one 24 volt supply to power all the GE relays, just parallel the positive and negatives to each relay.

I hope this helps you with your problem. GE also makes replacement rocker switches but they are not exactl replacement, what I mean is the Remcon switch plates are horizontal in position and the GE's are vertical just like common switch plates. I can only fine a single gang with two switches and I need a single gang with 4 switches.

Still looking

BTW: I just replaced two today, got the relays at my local GE Supply Distributor. Dale is slightly cheaper.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC