> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Regina, you're a Godsend
Login | Register

Regina, you're a Godsend

Posted by James on May 5th, 2000 03:09 PM
In reply to sorry for my delay . . . got held up---Now, I see a little more clearly. . . by regina in IL on May 4th, 2000 10:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

This bulletin board has provided more information than I ever possibly hoped for. Yes, this is a cul-de-sac (identified on the deed as a circle) The property deed is very specific regarding the construction of the subdivision, declaring a 10 foot setback away from property lines for construction. The property strip to enter the circle is approximately 40 feet wide. 'My' owner put in a gravel (later asphalted) driveway which runs roughly from the center of the strip about 8 feet wide towards my property. This left 20 feet between the physical driveway and my neighbor's property. My neighbor has occupied this area (yes, he's on the road itself) which belongs to the county, about 100' by 20' rectangular, in addition to a little of my property (20' by 10') with a combination of a carport, three steel storage sheds, half a dozen used appliances, an 8' privacy fence, several feet of lattice work with support poles set in concrete, a woodpile that has 8-10 cords of wood piled in it, and two vehicles, at least one that has moved position in the past 30 days. They've also gone to the effort of landscaping the crossroad frontage with a handful of shrubs and flowers. This subdivision is in an unincorporated area about 5 miles outside of the nearest city limits in a midsize community (50K city pop). It's my understanding that the previous owner contacted the county but could not get enough attention to get the matter resolved. I've talked to the lady of the house and have offered to assist them with the cleanup of the area, although I've not approached the fact that she's not on her own property and that I intend to also see the fence torn down, etc. The other neighbors in the area tell me that the fence itself has been there 10-12 years (so I'm under the 20 year deadline, if that what it turns out to be). My neighbor on the other side also has a vested interest in seeing this cleaned up as both of our houses face the junk, but he's cautioned me that the man of the house is quite aggressive/uncooperative and doesn't expect to see anything happen with my efforts. I hate to sour a relationship before it even begins and I would prefer to help them with the cleanup & keep a decent neighbor, but I've got to get this cleaned up to ease my own mind.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC