> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Referring To ...
Login | Register

Referring To ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 24th, 2001 08:34 AM
In reply to pergo by Jim on October 23rd, 2001 08:57 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Jim,

I hope you're referring to DIYers when you speak of allot of people on this board that have no experience working with or installing pergo. Personally, I don't know of any Installers, like yourself, that have 'complained' about Pergo. And if you read the follow-ups on this particular thread, including the one by Steve:, it's the Customers that are complaining and they may be the ones that "don't have experience installing Pergo". I just want to make this distinction clear to those 'potential customers' of Pergo that may be reading this Threadt. In short, the way I see it, if there are an inordinate number of Customers complaining about a product, it's almost a 'duty' to relay that to those folks interested in Pergo, regardless of their question (IMO). Granted, Jeani didn't ask for opinions (mine in particular) about the merits or disadvantages of Pergo vs. anything-else but her question did raise a 'concern' when it came to the Installation process and Warranty. If it makes matter, my particular thinking is usually beyond the immediate question of the Customer, and has been eluded to by other Follow-uppers. We both could 'ramble', and you did answer Jenie's question, but ramble if you must if the Customer is to be an informed Customer. (You certainly did add information for Jenie to use. Thanks for that.)

Please don't spin in thinking that I see your 'comment' as an attack on me (because I'm neither an Installer or a Customer), nor do I see it as an attack on anyone that made a follow-up either on this Post or on previous Posts. I just wanted to let Jenie, et. al., know that Pergo Customers can be a good source of info as well as an Installer, and that an Installer doesn't necessarily have any 'exclusive inside information' when it comes to the +/-'s of Pergo. Experience as a 'user' of Pergo has a lot to say for itself. But I can say that I understand your 'frustration' with those folks that, in a sense, knock a product that you see as being good as well as bad (depending.) Well, I've rambled enough and probably put some words in your mouth that you didn't say. Thanks again.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Pergo by Jim  10/24/01 09:27 PM
  • Pickles ... by Jay J -Moderator  10/25/01 08:30 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC