renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Recently the electricity went out due to a storm in my home. next day went out to dry some clothes
Login | Register

Recently the electricity went out due to a storm in my home. next day went out to dry some clothes

Posted by Lora on January 12th, 2003 10:08 PM
In reply to Electric dryer by Linda on November 10th, 2002 01:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

Recently the electricity went out due to a storm in my home. The next day I went out to dry some clothes in my Kenmore electric dryer. The heat came on but the drum would not turn. A repair man came out said it was the timer. He replaced the timer then he said it was the motor. After I received the quote on the cost of a new motor. I turned him away but had him put the dryer back together. We ended up having to unhook a couple wires from the thermostat & hook them together in order to get the drum to roll. So we went out and bought a thermostat and hooked the wires back into it. The dryer now works but it heats and doesn't cool down. It ends up getting so hot it flips the circuit so I then have to unplug the dryer, flip the circuit breaker then plug back in and turn the dryer on. Sometimes I have to do this three times for 1 load and sometimes the load gets so hot it has melted a plastic belt on a pair of pants. Any idea what the problem is?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• no heat by demetrius wright  6/28/04 09:17 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC