> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Really funny
Login | Register

Really funny

Posted by Henry in MI on February 29th, 2000 06:19 AM
In reply to Be Careful by Jim Bachaud - Around The Sound on February 29th, 2000 12:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

Jim, this is really funny. I posted both as Henry in MI and as Spam Police. Heck, I have no problem at all with somebody mentioning a product that really works. I do it all the time. But when somebody posts just to push a particular product in which they have an interest, it bugs me.

Ask Brian(Tankless)Woods about how much grief he got when he posted just to try to sell his product. Now he just posts features and benefits about his product, and competitive products, with some info on where to buy or get further info. There is certainly no problem with that and he is a valued poster on the board. We appreciate his expertise in his area. And we appreciate your posts too.

But pure advertising does not belong, in my opinion. I am about the sole poster on one manufacturers board but rarely mention that product here. And I get no compensation from them--on purpose. So let the satisfied users post all they want. But pay for a site if you have something to sell.

By the way, I don't post my address because I got too much direct e-mail and I prefer to post almost everything where others who might have the same problem can see it.

Welcome to the board.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• alrighty then by Jim Bachaud - Around The Sound  3/1/00 11:17 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC