> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Really ??!
Login | Register

Really ??!

Posted by Jay J on March 6th, 2000 10:40 AM
In reply to latches for kitchen cabinets, earthquake proof by Jean on March 5th, 2000 09:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

For living in an area where earthquakes are very prone, I can't believe that you can't find anything more than Child Latches.

Have you gone to Home Depot or Lowes or the like (a home center), and just 'looked' at the 100's of kitchen cabinet latches they have? I'm sure you'll find something you'd like. For what it's worth, some of the child latches work just fine. It depends on your 'convenience level' as to whether you want those latches to perform double-duty as earthquake latches. I can assure you that if the earthquake is a really big one, your cabinet doors may stay closed but will the cabinets stay on the wall?!

Here are a couple of links for you. If you DON'T find what you're looking for, call/e-mail them and have them tell you where to 'go' for what you want. I'd think that the Home Centers should have enough choices for you. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Quake Hold, Inc., and Safety Store (go to the KITCHEN section and check out the last 'latch' in this section. I've seen them selling as high as $3.60 per set), and US Geological Service

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC