> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > read prior floor posts
Login | Register

read prior floor posts

Posted by bc on February 16th, 2000 12:39 AM
In reply to Kitchen Floor Options by Lisa on February 15th, 2000 10:13 PM [Go to top of thread]

Lisa, go down through and read all the prior floor posts. Then pick the floor you like the best. It may depend upon your family and lifestyle.

Ceramic tile has the longest life but some people think that they are hard to sweep and clean and the grout can get discolored from mildew and if stained. Tile is cold to my feet so all my tiled surfaces are covered with rugs so I wonder whats the point.

Pergo is a nice looking floor covering but can go south on you if you have a major spill that is allowed to soak through. Just take care of it.

Linoleum/vinyl is another floor covering that alot of people have. Like pergo, just figure on replacing it after a number of years. The vinyl in my house has rugs on it cause I don't like to walk on it.

We've talked about putting pergo in our kitchen but since I like to walk around bare footed, (my tender feet don't like the cold or the dust that settles on a solid floor)it would still get covered with rugs.

I personally prefer a good kitchen/commercial grade carpet (low and smooth with no pile) glued down without a pad. It sweeps with a vacuum cleaner like the rest of the house. If you don't like it later or it gets stained from a spill, then pull it up and put another one down. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC