> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RE: wall to wall adhesive removal
Login | Register

RE: wall to wall adhesive removal

Posted by Tammi on December 3rd, 2001 12:29 AM
In reply to wall to wall adhesive removal by kathy on December 2nd, 2001 11:03 AM [Go to top of thread]

I went through this exact project several years ago. A adhesiver remover/stripper was used.
Since then I found a adhesive remover product I swear by. De-Solve-it. Its 100% orgainic and can
be used on skin and hair(gum). I use it to remove the expanding foam like "Great Stuff" and the
adhesive "Liquid Nails" from my hands even after they have dried. De-Solve-it removes more than
just adhesives. I wish this projuct was available when I refurbished our wood floors.
However, I went the long and hard way.

I don't recall the exact brand we used. However, I do remember it was a special solvent for
fast removal of cured adhesives. It was a thick gel that came a couple different sizes. We
bought the 1 gal. can with a handle. We poured the thick gel right on the floor from the can
spread it with a brush, waited about 30 min. then scraped it using a floor scraper. We had to
wear stripping gloves during the process.

There are several different brands of adhesive remover on the market. We bought a couple brands
that was a complete waste of money. I suggest when buying a remover find the smallest container
until you know its a brand worth buying in larger quantities.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC