> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: Short Circuit
Login | Register

Re: Short Circuit

Posted by Andrew in NY on December 22nd, 1999 11:41 AM
In reply to If its truely one circuit... by Ron on December 22nd, 1999 11:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thank you for the quick response. I guess I should have been more clear. The service was upgraded several months ago, but the outlets went dead just last night. Unfortunately, I did not "see" them go out, so I didn't get to witness any sound or flash that might have accompanied the outage. I know that there are other items on the same circuit because when I turned off the circuit at the box, other lights that were on last night turned off, then back on when I turned the circuit back on. I am hoping that it is not bad wiring somewhere that is presenting a fire hazard, but I guess if the receptacles are dead, I don't have to worry too much about that. I will replace the outlets & switch this evening. Is it common for an outlet or switch to die like that? I have had some switches go out on me while switching them on, but never when they were just "sitting" there. ANy further advice/comments are appreciated, and thank you again for your quick response.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC