> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RE: Shed Plans
Login | Register

RE: Shed Plans

Posted by Jay J on March 13th, 1998 09:05 AM
In reply to Garden Shed plans by Kim on March 12th, 1998 10:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

You can choose your favorite WEB Search Engine and enter in, "shed plans", and get quite a few hits. Check each page out and search for the word-string, 'shed plans', and see if the WEB page suits your needs.

Also, if you plan on doing this yourself, to quote a popular poster here, Bruce M, "I built a 12X16, but did it out of my head...don't think I wrote anything down so can't help you there. But a suggestion: Build it with a gambrel roof and construct your trusses on the floor deck right after you sheath it. That way you can measure, draw and put down stop blocks to make a form so you can build all trusses at once. This will save you much time. The gambrel provides great storage for long skinny things as well as a nice high place to hang things. Very handy."

Hope this helps. BTW, someone a while ago suggested Hometips as a site to go to for shed books. I couldn't find anything there as of this morning but I didn't spend a whole lot of time checking out each URL there. You can e-mail them to get info. I guess for $15-20, you'd get good value. Some of the 'hits' in the WEB search, though, sell sheet-plans, kinda like blue prints. Probably much better than a book because it's close to actual size. Lots of luck.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC