renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: Scroller Saw Parts
Login | Register

Re: Scroller Saw Parts

Posted by Brian on February 7th, 2010 05:51 PM
In reply to craftsman sabre scroll saw model 315.10723 parts needed ????? by jonathani5 on July 7th, 2007 04:15 AM [Go to top of thread]

Let me guess? Switch number 610929-000? It's just that I recently picked up a couple of these same model of Craftsman scroller saws and they were not working. I thought that I'd be able to make a quick repair. I just broke them down, bypassed the switch, and they both work! Great news, I thought. Oh. Not such great news. The switch is discontinued, just as your bar assembly is. If we put our pieces together, we'd have a scroller saw that works as it is supposed to, a scroller saw that works when plugged in, and a scroller saw that runs, but doesn't have the ability to cut. That's assuming that we swapped the right parts out. I'm in a bit of a sarcastic mood. Sorry. If I can't repair the switch that I shouldbe able to locate, or rig another switching system, then I should have a spare bar assembly. Hey. Maybe in two and a half years, I'll find someone with a switch that works? I'll add a shortcut to my desktop and try to remember to either check this from time to time, or send an update...if you still have the saw. If you bought a replacement for yours, already, I know a guy who is looking for a switch.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2014 Renovate Your World LLC