> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: Next Steps
Login | Register

Re: Next Steps

Posted by Andrew in NY on December 27th, 1999 11:32 AM
In reply to next steps... by Ron on December 27th, 1999 11:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks, I will try what you suggest, if I can find the last good receptacle. The way the house was wired (some from the attic, some from the basement), it is difficult for me to find the wires sometimes. Anyway, here's are some stupid questions - I don't have a continuity tester, but I have a voltage tester that's good for multiple voltages, including 120V. It has red and black leads. I believe that a continuity tester is different. It would need to generate a current, correct? Can I use the voltage tester by testing the two wires that come into the first bad outlet from the last good one? I am assuming I connect the red tester lead to the white house wire, and black to black. Is this correct? I cannot seem to find the little instruction card that came with the tester. I don't know if it makes a difference, since many devices don't care, but I would like to know. I will then make a label that gets taped to the tester!

Ron, thanks again for your time!

I'll keep you posted!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC