> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: I am impressed with your experimentations
Login | Register

Re: I am impressed with your experimentations

Posted by Jim Evenson on November 7th, 2002 07:41 AM
In reply to I am impressed with your experimentations by Moderator, Steve on November 6th, 2002 09:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the compliment. I wasn't using the minwax poly/stain combination; just the stain. I was planning on finishing with spar varnish, which I thought would be appropriate for an exterior door. I've spent a lot of money on this door, to the point of having installed professionally (75 yo house, nothing's really quite square). I'm probably being a little too obsessive about this, but I don't want to lay a single brush stroke until I'm reasonably confident of the outcome. In answer to deecee's question, I do have a compressor, but not a spray gun. Unfortunately, I live in the upper midwest and would have to do any spray activities in my basement at this time of year. I would be somewhat concerned with the airborne vapors building up with my furnace running. I'm not really set up for a finishing shop at this scale, eg: ventialtion would be a problem. I'll give the wood conditioner a go. If anyone can think of anything else, I'd really appreciate it.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC