> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RE: Extending dryer vent length
Login | Register

RE: Extending dryer vent length

Posted by Dan O. on March 11th, 2003 09:07 PM
In reply to Booster fans by Scott on March 11th, 2003 07:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

** We currently have a 50' run that includes two 90 degree elbows. The inspector said that the maximum length for a clothes dryer is 25' with 5' subtracted for every 90 degree elbow. **

The maximum length for a dryer vent is usually defined by the dryer manufacturer and does very greatly (see the following link) between brands and models. In fact Whirlpool does (or did) have a model specially designed for use with an extended length vent but your current length is pushing it for most regular models. I hope it is at least rigid metal ducting and not any kind of flexible type?

I've never heard of code mandating certain lengths but I wouldn't put it past the government.

LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?

** Is there a blower motor that we can add to the vent that will increase the airflow and also satisfy the inspectors requirements? **

There are dryer vent booster fans available (see the link below for one) but you should check with your inspector first to see if one would satisfy him.

LINK > Fantech - Dryer vent booster fans

Dan O.
The Appliance Information Site

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC