> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: Dispute with Behr Retailer
Login | Register

Re: Dispute with Behr Retailer

Posted by Ron Raley, Internet_PaintDoctor on July 30th, 2000 07:35 PM
In reply to Painting in the evening by Ernie Gray on July 25th, 2000 02:17 PM [Go to top of thread]

I would not say you are being unreasonable, Realisticly the retailer does not have to provide replacement product because the coating is not defective, You just applied the product to late in the evening and what happens alot of times is that great temp changes and the cooling of the ambient temps retarded the correct drying time of this product, it did not have a chance to set up and then the dew formed and all that did was leave the coating in a liquid state, This is a simple case of improper application, where the retailer is at any fault is that they should of asked you some questions about how you plan to apply this product and when, then if you had stated that you were going to do this late in the evening, then they should of told you that it was not a good Idea. I do arbitrations as a coating consultant between consumers as yourself and companies, If you came to me for a ruling on this I would of ruled in favor of the retailer simply based on the fact that the coating was not defective, but it was a matter of improper application.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC