> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Re: Crackle Finishes
Login | Register

Re: Crackle Finishes

Posted by Ron Raley, Internet_PaintDoctor on August 9th, 2000 09:41 PM
In reply to Crackle finish by Henry in MI on August 9th, 2000 08:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Generally Latex paints are used in conjuntion with "Hide Glues" Or also what is called "Fish Glues" to acheive a Crackle effect. I had heard of folks using Elmers White glue for this effect also but I am not sure as to how well it will work. Some Home centers carry a line of special effect finishes like crackle medium to get the crackle result, I have seen the products at HomeBase( That is if you live in the U.S and on the west coast.) But it is worth a shot to try a local one or even a paint store that may carry these types of products.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC