> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Rammed earth
Login | Register

Rammed earth

Posted by Henry in MI on February 9th, 2000 05:53 PM
In reply to adobe house tool by J Parker on February 8th, 2000 09:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, J. Are you talking about adobe or rammed earth. Not much adobe in Michigan but from what I have seen on TV, adobe is done pretty wet from cast blocks and mud, rammed earth is done damp with a very specific mix and a tool that works like a jackhammer is used to compact it. The tool is available from Jet, the same people that make the table saws. An industrial supply house that handles Jet should be able to get it for you but remember that you will need a large, high pressure air supply.

Good luck
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC