> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren Suede Paint
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren Suede Paint

Posted by Ronnie on April 19th, 2002 10:19 AM

After reading all the instructions and putting 2 coats on, the streaking was terrible. I have painted quite a bit(in my own house) and this was frustrating. I had read on the messages posted that everyone had problems seeing the X's so I decided the second coat I would just roll on being careful of the seams. Didn't help. Still streaked quite a bit. I decided since suede naturally has an uneven look to it I would attempt to fix the walls with the faux finishing technique of using a natural sea sponge. I wet the sponge to make it soft and removed as much water from it as I could before starting. I went over the entire wall area with random sponge presses(like dabbing lightly). It worked!!!! It looks like suede with a fine grain stucco appeal.
Using the sponge makes it easy to step back look at the wall and see where you need any touch up sponge presses. I am so relieved, I thought as many have said on the messages that I had invested way to much money for an awful result. I am happy with the result but lost trust in the Ralph Lauren techniques on the can and the special cards Home Depot has with detailed instructions.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC