> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren Suede
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren Suede

Posted by diane d'amico on October 21st, 1998 11:49 AM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Paint 'Suede' by Frank Warshawski on July 22nd, 1998 06:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I just finished painting my den a color called Spitfire from Ralph Lauren's Suede collection. This was my first painting experience, and it was a great learning experience. I ran into the problem that so many others seem to have with respect to a line showing up on the wall where you start a new column. I found it helped when I made very narrow (no more than 12") columns as I applied the second coat (x's). That way, the paint wasn't dry yet and it blended from column to column. The paint does have a suede look to it when finished (i.e., color is not solid - lighter and darker in areas just like suede when it is brushed in various directions). It reminds me of clouds. My 9" roller started to shed tiny black pieces of foam all over my 4th wall and the tip of the 4" roller broke off on my 3rd wall. The quality of the rollers was poor (especially for the price)- I expected them to last at least as long as a 10' x 12' room. My problem with the paint developed today. I called the RL toll free number and asked if I had to wait the full 30 days before hanging my wallpaper border (the can says wait 30 days before clean up with water) or if a week would suffice. The representative told me that they recommend hanging the border BEFORE painting. The texture paint makes it difficult to smooth the paper. The directions on the can did not mention papering first. Also, I will have to mask off my wall below the paper with a low tack tape and plastic covering (per the RL representative) in order to prevent dripping. The directions on the can make no mention of the clean up challenges not to mention using this paint only in low traffic areas due to clean up challenges. Does anyone have any experience with hanging borders AFTER painting with RL paint???

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC