> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint Application Tips
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren River Rock Paint Application Tips

Posted by Lauren Jacobsen on December 30th, 1997 09:08 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren Paint by laurie on November 23rd, 1997 03:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

9 of 15 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

This is tough paint to apply, but the results are well worth it. It took me a total of four coats (first two heavy, last two light) to obtain good results. They say to cut the whole room in with a two inch brush, then go back and use the foam roller in the 18 inch boxes. I suggest cutting in as you go, but don't use a paintbrush. I got my best results when I used an edger (it is the flat thing with a paint pad and wheels on one side that is designed to be an edger). It holds a lot more paint than a brush and gives a good clean finish. If you cut in with the edger as you are painting the walls with the roller it will look a lot better. Then on the 18 inch boxes with the roller, it works best if you stagger those boxes. Do one row from top to bottom, then when you come around with the second coat move over about 6 inches and start your next set of boxes.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC