> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > ralph lauren paints
Login | Register

ralph lauren paints

Posted by danny on October 13th, 2002 10:11 PM
In reply to ralph lauren paints by pat hager on July 22nd, 1999 02:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I have been painting for 15 years and have worked with ralph lauren paints quite a bit first of all when sherman williams made it under contract there were issues with quality cross contamination on their lines but since ici paints took over I have found it much improved and have not had any problems with it.Many people are used to high hide paint such as Benny Moore C2 or Behr but ralph is not a high hide product.The trick is when using a neutral tint base always use the tinted primer sanding between coats lightly with 120 grit will also help quite a bit.Also with deep colours you can't spread the paint as thin as you normally would this holds true for anyones brand especially when using red.Home Depot is famous for telling people its a product problem and the Ralph Lauren help line sucks for lack of a better word.I now work at home depot and can vouch for that one.99 percent of paint problems are usually application or surface problems ask questions when you buy the paint if the person doesn't know or seems unsure find someone who does have experience with the product if you take your time though you shouldn't have any problems.I find most problems are in the cutting with the red try a purdy brush and try to keep going in one direction with even amounts and work with smaller sections when rolling.Give it a try let me know.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• best paint ever by rich  4/2/04 11:21 AM (: 2, : 0)
  • HI by 24143001417245  2/25/05 10:43 AM

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC