> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > RALPH LAUREN PAINT SUCKS
Login | Register

Posted by Tom Myers on March 2nd, 2002 06:47 AM
In reply to Ralph Laren paint SUCKS! by Gloria on February 27th, 2001 11:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

That's great that had such good luck with American Tradition paint. I was a professional licensed painter (still am) prior to coming to work for Lowe's. I can speak from personal experience, and for a lot of other professionals out there that any time you try to paint red over white, it will take many, many coats. One method to try that will also ensure nice even coverage is to use a primer such as Kilz 2 or Bullseye 123. They're both good, however I personally feel 123 is superior, though usually a couple dollars more a gallon. Not only are these primers going to help your final coat, they can usually be tinted to nearly approximate the final color. Another plus is the fact that the primers are less expensive than a premium topcoat, e.g., Am. Trad., Ben Moore, Sherwin Wms, etc., while providing excellent adhesion for that final coat!!! Good luck to all painters out there, and keep on buying American Tradition paint. It trully is a very good product.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC