> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren Paint
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren Paint

Posted by Catherine P on January 29th, 2003 07:16 AM
In reply to Ralph Lauren - good experience by Lydia Soucy on December 13th, 2000 04:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

I had a disaster with Ralph Lauren paint. I used dressing red (beautiful color) in an entryway. I followed the instructions - used a tinted primer and after an additional 3 coats of RL paint I wasn't even close to getting coverage. The can said it would cover 400sqft - immpossible! I returned the can and Home Depot mixed the same color using Behr - perfect match - much much better coverage! Still if you find a RL color you like, my favorite paints are Lowes' Valspar paint or Benjamin Moore - they can easily match the color. NEVER will I purchase Ralph Lauren paint again. In fact I called the Ralph Lauren help line (800-379-polo) and they said their paint often takes 4-5 coats for dark colors - with the primer!! Just be cautious. The only tip the lady from the RL helpline said was that a gray tinted primer gives better coverage... then why did Home Depot show a different color was recommended for the paint??? What a rip-off!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC