> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren - finally I found the trick for River Rock
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren - finally I found the trick for River Rock

Posted by Denis Y. on January 6th, 2003 05:17 PM
In reply to RALPH LAUREN PAINT by LINDSEY on July 19th, 2002 06:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/28/2004

After 3 gallons for a ceiling and a wall and yes, streeks, I went to the web and found a ton of people who experienced the same thing. I had some left over, so I swapped the RL roller for a good nylon 3" brush and used a quick stroke X pattern to cover the wall. It dried and looked great. Summary: one coat with the RL roller, remaining coats with a brush.
Went back to HD and armed with a few emails from this site got the manager to agree to give me 2 free quarts so I could finish the job.
At $50 (cdn) a gallon, this paint should go on the wall without even having to paint it! I agree with most people on this site, RL is a rip off, and now that Glidden manufactures it, my confidence level is 0. I will do like everyone else and get a color match in another make (BM, Para, etc). The RL colours are great, the little dots that make the river rock texture bunch up at one end of the RL roller and that's what creates the streaks. You can't see it when you apply it, only when it dries.
Too bad RL does so little to help their customers. Thanks to HD for understanding...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• RL Paint by Mr. Paint  2/8/03 09:48 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC