> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren Crackel
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren Crackel

Posted by Cindy on June 29th, 2000 02:59 PM
In reply to Ralph Lauren as a Paint Product by Cracked up crackie on July 29th, 1998 11:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I do this for a living and I feel this company needs to follow through with product knowledge and research. First of all they did not invent these products, which is why thier instructions suck. Some secretarial type fom RL surely edited and proofed the text. He or she never used the product and there little changes wee a mistake.
I think the best products to buy are products that have thourough booklet instructions with pictures. Chances are the person who wrote it actually used the product, not just choosing what font the instructions are written in. When will the big money guys ever learn that they just can't stick thier name on any product because the profit looked good and it was trendy.
This product is best used at 60 to 70 degrees. You absolutely need to use a really good quality glossy paiint for the base coat of color. Top coat paint must be a thin flat finish paint. Timing is everything here. follow instructions to the tee. You can not go over an area that you have already done top coat on one strock one way . If you go back into your work you will be sorry because the effect will be totally diffrent from all other strokes. I found the roller did work well on large walls, but becareful not to overlap. If you goof up do not touch it or try to fix it. wait 24 hours and go back from step one or scrape off fallen sluge and smooth with sand paper. Then start with base and repeat steps. I have used this product out side and found that for exterior use you must varnish or finish with clear coat to protect. Hope this helps someone . I did not find this site until today. Suede effects are best done with thicker paint in the pattern suggested. I want to use the river rock but I want to know more about it first.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC