> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Ralph Lauren Antiqued Leather Faux Finish Advice
Login | Register

Ralph Lauren Antiqued Leather Faux Finish Advice

Posted by Melissa on April 22nd, 2002 10:06 AM

I just finished doing a room with this finish and thought I would offer what I learned. I used the Straffordshire Red glaze over the Maleya Red and found that what I ended up with matched the chip quite well. FIRST, practice on a spare piece of drywall if you have it - it really helps to get the hang of it before tackling a wall. SECOND, when you go to do the glaze, instead of using a roller to apply it then using the stippler brush to take it off, simply use a little bit of glaze on the brush and put it on the wall this way. It wastes FAR less glaze and since it drys so fast you have more time. It eliminates that line you get when you roll it on. Also, if you don't want so much or the dark look and want more of the base color to show through this works very well. THIRD, keep a rag in hand and if you get too much glaze in one spot wipe it off immediately and you are ok. FOURTH, I found I didn't need to do opposite walls on different days, doing it without rolling on the glaze the corners worked very well. In fact, I just used the regular stippler brush (I used a different brand) and didn't need the fitch edge tool it wanted me to use. I hope this made sense. If you want to, feel free to email me but I won't be checking these boards. Thanks.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC