> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > rain dispersal systems, mold, mildew, & Texas
Login | Register

rain dispersal systems, mold, mildew, & Texas

Posted by bc on March 28th, 2000 01:24 PM
In reply to This Made My Day ... by Jay J on March 28th, 2000 12:47 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm also getting a good laugh with this thread and maybe this might be the one to put the gutterless issue to rest and move on. Maybe gutterless has some good advice to add about the rain dispersal systems and that, of course, is always appreciated as none of us know it all. As an aside, I made a texas contractor mad at me on this board for talking about some of the problems you have with hired help. It involved a house with a $27,000 bid to vinyl side it. I also said it was too much. Well a widow across the street just paid $10,000 to vinyl side and $6,000 for soffits and fascia for her 1100 sq.ft. single story rancher and that didn't include wrapping windows and doors. I visited with both subs and none would disclose the price they were getting. It took 3 guys less than 3 days to side it and 1 guy about 2 days to do the soffits and facia. Go figure. I think there is a corporation making a ton of money. The widow was happy cause she got the senior citizen discount and a discount for being a "show home" as one of the first 10 houses in town to get it from them.

I'm not acquainted with the rain dispersal systems so I can't say much except that Jim and Jay J are giving good advice. When searching, also look at all the posts about mold and mildew and rot under houses as that is a problem with water. As far as Texas goes, I've been all over it and have been through torrential downpours/gullywashers, floods, and hurricanes. Have also been to the desert around places like Amarillo and Odessa which may be where gutterless is from. I'm headed to the races at Ft. Worth this weekend and hope it is a dry weekend. At the first year of racing, we were walking around in knee deep mud.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC