> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Radiator cover, styrofoam trim and programmable thermostats
Login | Register

Radiator cover, styrofoam trim and programmable thermostats

Posted by Carrie on January 25th, 2002 08:14 PM

Three questions:

1. I know I have seen it here before but can't find the post...what is the basic way to build a radiator cover. I know it should be simple two sides and a top but doesn't there have to be a bracing piece in the back or something? Can someone give me simple instructions please? Thanks!

2. I tiled my counters and now need to trim them out. I was looking at the trim that is alredy "stained". It seems like it is some kind of styrofoam or something. Will it hold up? What are the drawbacks? What are the good things about it? Thanks!

3. I installed two programmable thermostats (After getting a $345 gas bill!). I could have sworn when I connected the one downstairs the display came on before I put the batteries in (I hadn't turned off the power). However, when I did the one upstairs, the display didn't come on until I put the batteries in. Am I losing it and the one downstairs didn't come on before the batteries?

Thanks all!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC