> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Quick-and-easy worktable for DIY'ers
Login | Register

Quick-and-easy worktable for DIY'ers

Posted by Norm C on April 10th, 2001 05:39 PM

I've not seen this posted on the forum previously. Today, on a sultry humid afternoon in Houston, I was using my "new toy" that I started using about a month or so ago. Others might be interested, so I'll share it.

Everyone of us needs a "quick to set up" worktable that can be stored away and/or carried to a jobsite in an F-150 (or equivalent). During a recent remodeling project, we replaced some bi-fold doors with louver doors. I layed the bifold doors across my sawhorses and started to remove the hinges from the bifold doors and throw away the door panels. But, I noticed that the bifold doors made a nice work surface. So, I kept the bifold doors and found that I can set them up on two of those not-expensive plastic sawhorses, the kind that you see on sale at Home Depot, Lowes, Sam's Club, and other such stores. Simply set up the saw horses and lay the hinged bifold door on top, with the hinge facing such that the door is stable. While it isn't the most sturdy worktable in the world, it makes a handy work surface for many small jobs. If you use "thrown away" bifold doors, as I did, the cost is virtually nothing.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC