> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Questions mean answers
Login | Register

Questions mean answers

Posted by David on April 26th, 2003 06:47 PM
In reply to What questions to ask Basement Waterproofing companies by N Kelly on April 26th, 2003 04:04 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hello M KellY,

A specialty of focus in my work is basement/foundation structural repair & restoration.......and I'd be happy to help you get a feel for what you want to ask & look for...but can't give you the slightest clue from what little information you've provided so far.

The home is 52 yrs. old, but what type of basement wall construction; poured concrete, concrete block, stone & mortar, etc.?

You mention wall-length cracks; vertical or horizontal? Are these cracks on all walls that you know of, or just in certain areas. If the walls are poured concrete, I can likely tell you where the cracks are to be found, and quite possibly tell you where to find the cracks you may not even know are there, as concrete walls will almost invariably fail in a very consistent & traceable pattern.

From this pattern,along with a little background of your property's elevations & geographic region, a rational assesment of concerns & questions could be made, but without it we couldn't give you advice on what to ask without guessing in the wind ourselves.

Post back with some further background, if you would, and the appropriate queries will rapidly fly to your aid.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC