> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > questions answered on damp crawlspace
Login | Register

questions answered on damp crawlspace

Posted by Jay J-Moderator on September 20th, 2001 02:14 PM
In reply to Questions, And More ... by Jay J -Moderator on September 20th, 2001 08:24 AM [Go to top of thread]

Yes there is plastic covering the whole crawlspace. There is about 1600 hundred square feet above the crawlspace. I have 8 foundation vents throughout the whole crawlspace. From what I can see there is no obstruction blocking the vents. The vents are cinder block size. Every room in the house is above the crawlspace, 9 rooms total. There is no duct work in the crawlspace, only water lines and they are not leaking. I have ceiling heat which are cables that are in the ceiling and each room is controled by its own thermistat. When the house is shut up in the winter time the one room has a musty smell, and the carpet feels damp. Then when i run the dehumidifier it dries up. Usually when i run the dehumidifier within 10 minutes the humidity drops to almost normal range. Again there is no water standing on top of the plastic in the crawlspace. Just under the plastic is satuated. The ground is clay that is under the plastic. Please reply and thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC