> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Questions about building out an existing concrete wall
Login | Register

Questions about building out an existing concrete wall

Posted by Lee on June 28th, 2001 03:48 PM

I’m new to this board and home remodeling in general so please bear with me. I have a wonderful condo in the Governor’s Park area of Denver with a good mountain view that is in a high rise and is 40+ years old. In my living room there is a concrete wall covered with plaster that has a crack that appears to have been repaired a couple of times. There are only 2 electrical outlets along this 18’ wall and no other service outlets (phone, network, cable, etc.). Obviously, the wall can’t be rebuilt since someone else’s condo is on the other side and it is concrete. I’ve researched this board enough to know that if I wanted to just fix the crack to use something like “Nu-Wall” but I’d like to do more.

I’m wondering if there are any good solutions for building out the wall that wouldn’t be too deep from the existing wall. I would like to take advantage of this built out space to add electrical outlets, a phone jack, a network jack, a cable jack, and perhaps some wall sconces for lighting along that wall. Since this condo is just a little over 1,000 SF, one can imagine why I wouldn’t want to loose too much space doing this.

Any suggestions, ideas, and examples would be greatly appreciated!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC