> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Questions:
Login | Register

Posted by Jay J on February 21st, 2000 02:04 PM
In reply to crawlspace insulation by The Insulator on February 21st, 2000 12:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

(For everyone's benefit, including mine ...)

If a crawlspace is built w/vents, why would you recommend that they be sealed off, (poured or dirt or whatever)? The poster doesn't say if he has them or not but I'm assuming that if he does, they're not to be closed. Crawlspaces over time seem to get moisture, and as it dries, it would end up in the 'house'. The premise of my question is broad so do clarify.

Regarding your emphatic recommendation NOT to insulate between the joists, traditionally, that's what I've seen. Even today, the flooring above is being insulated regardless of whether or not ANY plumbing is running between, through, or below the joists. In the latter case, the pipes, themselves would be insulated separately from the floor. Can you explain this another way or is my house suppose to be colder since I insulated between the joists? (And my plumbing for H & C water runs below, through, and between the joists. The floor is much warmer and the HW is NOT cold since I've done this.)

I patiently await ...

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC