renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > QUESTION THE INSTALLATION AND MATERIALS
Login | Register

QUESTION THE INSTALLATION AND MATERIALS

Posted by JOHN Q PUBLIC on November 6th, 2002 08:49 PM
In reply to Bath Fitters web site in MI. www.bathfitters.com by Jimmy Mitchell on January 21st, 2001 04:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

WE AGREED TO HAVE A BATH TUB LINER AND WALLS INSTALLED IN OUR HOME AND THE SALES PITCH WAS NOT WHAT THE INSTALLER PROVIDED. THESE TWO PEOPLE WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY AND YET THEY DONT SEEM TO SPEAK TO ONE ANOTHER WHEN IT COMES TO THE JOBS THEY AGREE TO DO. BE CAREFUL WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO USE A VERY THICK PRODUCT FOR THE TUB AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE A THINNER PRODUCT, WHICH BY THE WAY SEEMS TO FIT MORE LIKE A GENERIC LINER THAN ONE MADE SPECIFICALY FOR THIS TUB. THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THIS TUB AND THE LINER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GLUED AND WHILE HE MIGHT HAVE GLUED THE BOTTOM OF THE TUB, THEY DID NOT MAKE ANY CONTACT BETWEEN THE SIDES OF THE TUB AND THE LINER FOR THE ENTIRE SURFACE INSIDE, THIS MEANS THERE IS QUITE A BIT OF MOVEMENT WITH THE NEW LINER.

THEY ALSO CLAIM THE WALLS WILL BE SEAMLESS, AND YET WHEN THEY WRAP THE CORNER OF THE WALL AROUND THE TUB TO THE SURROUNDING WALL, THEY PIECED TOGETHER A SQUARE SECTION, UNLIKE ANYTHING THE SALESMAN SAID WOULD DO.

THEY ALSO CLAIMED THEY HAD TO CHARGE FOR TAKING TILES AND DRYWALL OFF THE EXISTING WALL AND REPLACE THE MATERIAL WITH NEW PLYWOOD GIVING A SOLID SURFACE TO THE NEW MATERIAL... THIS THEY SAY WOULD COST NO MORE THAN 75 PER WALL... AFTER THEY INSTALLED THE WALLS, IT WAS CLEAR FROM FURTHER INSPECTION ON THE WET WALL, THAT NO TILES AND NO DRYWALL WAS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH PLYWOOD, AND YET THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE FOR THE WORK THEY DID NOT COMPLETE.

ALSO MAKE SURE THE INSTALLER CLEANS UP WHEN HE IS FINISHED. WE HAD TO VACUUM THE HALLWAY, BATHROOM AND GARAGE WHEN HE LEFT THE HOME.

I WISH I COULD GO ON, BUT I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE WILL READ THIS OR IF IT WILL DO ANY GOOD ANYWAY.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INSTALLATION AND BE SURE TO ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS AND PUT IT DOWN ON PAPER....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC