renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Question for about replacing cast iron bath tubs with shower bases in a high rise building!
Login | Register

Question for about replacing cast iron bath tubs with shower bases in a high rise building!

Posted by DARIN J on October 17th, 2000 12:33 AM

This is a question for the most experienced person in your company to answer. The type of person that has a ton of knowledge and experience in the construction industry, preferable even focused knowlegde in remodelling high rise condos and dealing with the challenges of what a plumber experiences in that type of situation.
I have a customer who wants me to install a shower base in a high rise condo which has cement floors. Presently there is a standard bath tub in the bathroom. Do you know how I might be able to replace this tub with a shower base without having to do major concrete cutting etc to relocate the drain pipe to be used for a shower base instead of for a tub? Do I need to go with a custom base, because the drain locations will not match. Do you guys make custom shower bases? If so, what do I need to provide you, so you can give me a quote on it.
I am not sure, but will I probably want to go with some type of shower base that is made of some type of precast cement with a nice finish. Or is there a company out there in the industry that sells kits that help a plumber literally pour or make there own shower base on site right in the bathrrom so they can use existing loction of drain?
If you can't help, do you know what organization or company that I can go to over the web to get counsel on this situation.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Darin Jaske
DeCor Builders
847-989-9500

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC