> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > quarter round around laminate in kitchen (gap filled with silicone)
Login | Register

quarter round around laminate in kitchen (gap filled with silicone)

Posted by Ernest on January 22nd, 2003 01:52 PM

I did some searching in the archives for the answer to my question, but did not come up with anything. This would be much shorter with a simple sketch, but here's the long description:

Situation: Pergo laminate installed in kitchen, 1/4" gap between laminate edge & vertical surfaces (cabinets, walls, etc) filled with mildew resistant silicone caulk & the bead coved in the same way one does it with caulking a bathtub. Seemed to be the right thing to do at the time & was inline with the manufacturer's installation instructions. Now I need to install quarter round trim to cover the gap.

Problem: The quarter round has a 90 deg. angle on its backside & the space in which it is to be installed, because of the cove, will not accomodate the hard corner of the backside of the quarter round. I need to cut the corner off of the strips of quarter round.

Question: What is the best tool to use to make this cut? I'll probably take off 1/4" at a 45 deg angle from the bottom of the quarter round on about 100' (maybe a bit more or less) of quarter round.

I've thought about getting a table saw, but that seems like overkill for this little problem. Any ideas?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC