> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Purging Air from Hot Water System
Login | Register

Purging Air from Hot Water System

Posted by Dave in UT on May 10th, 2001 04:50 PM
In reply to Hot Water Heat Problems by Dave in UT on May 8th, 2001 05:33 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

Thanks Harold! I found some useful information at the site. The Bell & Gossett pdf had some useful safety information. I would like to share a few points with other do-it-your-selfers.
Well, I got the air purged from my system. The boiler was fairly easy. I followed the procedure at Harold's site. Getting the air out of the lines was another matter. Each radiator had a plug/bleed fitting on one of the elbows. After the **cold** system was pressurized I went along each loop of the system and partly removed the plug and listened for the sound of escaping air. I then fired up the boiler and no flow through! After things cooled down, I repeated the bleed process. This time one of the loops was fine, but the other needed another round of air purging. Finally, all is OK. A word of warning - make sure that your system is cold before trying to bleed it. On one radiator I turned the bleed plug a bit too far and it came out, showering me with (fortunately!) cold water. It was probably pretty funny to watch, but would have been very serious if the boiler was fired up. Take care! Dave

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC