> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pull chain
Login | Register

pull chain

Posted by bc on November 1st, 2000 12:59 PM
In reply to Remote electrical switch by Rich on October 31st, 2000 04:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

You can buy the pull chains for a few bucks at most stores such as walmart, hardware, and home cheapos. Drill a 1/4" hole in the light mounting hub and install the switch. Splice it into the black hot wire. I do this fairly often with new lights for closets, etc cause they don't come with pull chains anymore. Some will have a knockout for the pull chain. You can drill and mount them in florescent lights too. Make sure any string does not touch a light.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • also by bc  11/1/00 11:17 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC