> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pt wood
Login | Register

pt wood

Posted by pb on February 15th, 2002 01:58 AM
In reply to Update on PT wood by moderator, Steve on February 13th, 2002 02:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Help me out here guys, I'm interested in this subject, but outside of frequently using pt lumber, I don't personally know much about it.
According to what I've seen on tv and read on the internet, my understanding is that the problem material being phased out is cca preservatives, due to the claimed harmful effects from the arsenic and chrome in them. Acq preservatives will still be on the market, in fact being touted as a safe substitute for cca. acq products are increasingly widely available in the US, 40 yr warrantees, arsenic and chrome free, studies claim acq performs as well as cca, acq has been the #1 lumber preservative used in Japan since 1997, when their laws changed, cost of acq is about 10% more than cca.
If this is all true, what's the problem? Am I missing something? If its not true, what's the real story?
Thanks in advance for any info. This is the kind of stuff I like to see come up on this board.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC