> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Protection from golf balls
Login | Register

Protection from golf balls

Posted by Tom on February 29th, 2000 12:38 AM

3 of 4 people found this post helpful

I posted a message a few days ago asking for advise on how to protect at least part of my patio from incoming golf balls. I live on a beautiful golf course with fabulous views and don't want to obstruct the view any more than necessary. Several replies seemed to think the biggest worry was property damage. Some even suggested that if I could afford to live there, I could afford to pay for the repairs. Another suggested a guard dog and yet another suggested planting big trees.

I obviously still need advice from someone who can read this request and has seen some sort of solution at some golf course some where. I'm going to re-write this request very, very slowly so the previous respondents can read it very, very slowly.

I'm not so much worried about property damage. I'm worried about catching an incoming golf ball in the temple. A guard dog would be a tenable solution if I could train him to interject himself between the incoming ball and me. And a large tree or two would work if they were only invisible.

Does anyone know where I might find something like chicken wire made from plastic. Or some sort of screening material that is more transparent than the usual screen door.

I enjoyed the previously suggested solutions, particularly the guard dog suggestion, which was quite inventive; however, I need further help if anyone out there can offer it.

Thanks for the previous solutions and thanks in advance for the next suggestions.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC