> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Propane, yes..Oil, no :o(
Login | Register

Propane, yes..Oil, no :o(

Posted by Brian (Tankless) Wood. on April 14th, 2002 03:42 PM
In reply to Yes, Thank you and a question.. by Jason on April 14th, 2002 12:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jason. I appreciate it.

Sorry though, an oil fired tankless would be quite bulky, kind defeats the purpose of space-saving eh?

The reason I sell what I sell, is because I've done this for over 30 yrs, and believe me, I've seen some absolutely terrible quality tankless heaters in my travels. It's beyond me, how some of them got U.L. listed. U.L. only tests to ensure safety, not necessarily performance or quality.

I sell only according to my customer's needs, and with a view to having that water heater last a long, long time. Not according to what I happen to have in stock at the time, or what my profit margin will be.

Our electric heaters are: "Powerstream" undersink units from G.E. and "Seisco" modulating units, which range from 7kw-28kw.
Gas heaters are: : AquaStar 125's (mostly for the south because of their relatively low power, 117,000btu 82% eff = 95,940 btu)
The best overall gas unit is the Takagi, which ranges from 165 through 235,000btu. These are also fully modulating heaters (the burner adjusts automatically according to the flow needed).

I'll gladl e-mail details to you, Jason, or anyone who asks.

It's a beautiful day in South Louisiana.

Take care out there, and God Bless.

Brian in Swampland.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC