> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Project
Login | Register

Posted by Henry in MI on September 5th, 2000 04:34 PM
In reply to clocks by Cory B on September 4th, 2000 07:23 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Cory. You might start by making a new post at the top of the message board so your question about what kind of project might be best does not get buried. Be sure to let us know the criteria for your project.

For what it's worth, I would guess that to do an Adirondack chair right by building out of cedar or redwood would cost at least $100 and take 8 hours. Kathy is right that a grandfather clock is time consuming and expensive. A kit built grandfather clock with top quality works will cost around $2,000. But there are other options for clocks. I have built several desk clocks for under $20, not counting finishing materials and tools. You might spend a little more if you don't have the source catalogs and hardwood pile that I have accumulated.

Ther are a lot of potential projects out there so let us know what you have to do and we will try to help. Wick's website has a huge list of free plans and that might be a good place for you to look also.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC