> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > professional repair?
Login | Register

professional repair?

Posted by tomh on February 19th, 2003 05:46 PM
In reply to Can I repair a marble top? by Stacy on February 19th, 2003 05:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

Marble top repair should be done by a professional if you really value the piece. Most cracks can be bonded with a special epoxy then the chips along the crack filled with a resin filled with silica and pigments to match the stone. You could do it yourself, but if the piece is valuabe, its worth getting done right. A lot of marble and travertine tile is bonded and filled. I would guess the same process applies to restoration and repair. Check out a company that sells stone tile, countertops and that sort of thing in you area and get an estimate. If you deliver the piece to them, it would probably be very reasonable.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC