> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Primer issues
Login | Register

Primer issues

Posted by Mr. Paint on April 23rd, 2003 11:30 AM
In reply to What kind of primer? by Henry in MI on April 22nd, 2003 05:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

Henry........I beg to differ on what the paint companies offer. Paint companies make a huge range of product primers - and they are not just watered down paint. Specialty manufacturers like Zinsser make some great products - you can't beat B-I-N for stains.

However - what I think what Sarah has here is a basic PVA Drywall primer. Even very good ones aren't the best for a wall that is obviously impregnated with W/C Glue. It sounds to me like that is the issue here - I have seen that before - people think they have removed all the glue - they haven't - and when the chemicals in the paint hit it - a sticky gooey mess happens.

I would recommend B-I-N in this instance - or perhaps a Glidden product called Stain Jammer.

Mr. Paint

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC