> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Primer ...
Login | Register

Primer ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on October 11th, 2000 08:53 PM
In reply to Wallpaper removal by Schaff on October 11th, 2000 05:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Schaff,

Be sure you've removed all the glue. The easiest way to tell is to wait until it's dark (or close off the room completely from light), and take a flashlight and hold it so the light runs parallel to the wall. You'll see any residue and/or glue in doing this. Move around the wall and the room to see the results of your work.

If you haven't used DIF by Zinsser, was the wall with it and be sure to follow the directions. I recommend you use one of those HUGH sponges you use to wash the car. Lay some plastic down if necessary to 'catch' any glue and such. (YOu don't need to create a 2nd cleaning job for yourself!)

Once the walls are clean and dry, go to the above WEB page and Seal the walls. Assuming all else is ready to go, then paint. I recommend a paint with a Mildewcide already in it. Pay a visit to your local Paint Retailer (which you can find in the YELLOW PAGES under PAINT - RETAIL), and get a good, quality paint. (I, personally, stay away from the Home Depot's and Lowe's for my paint. Others may disagree but that's why it's a personal preference.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC