> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pressure washer
Login | Register

Pressure washer

Posted by Moderator, Steve on July 2nd, 2002 09:07 AM
In reply to Buying a Pressure Washer and Looking for Suggestions by Randy on July 2nd, 2002 08:59 AM [Go to top of thread]

of course the most important part is to match the machine with the intended work.
Being a contractor and use mine for paint removal to deck cleaning, I would not have anything less than a 3200 psi and with a min. 9 HP Honda engine with interchangable spray tips and at least a 50 foot hose, gasoline operative.

Now around the home 2400psi is great. I again would not get any engine other than Honda.

Generac has had many problems and Lowe's had to pull all Gen off the shelves due to a recall.

Expect to spend from $450 to $600 for a good washer.

Remember, the important part to seek out is the engine as it is the most important part, the pumps are all pretty reliable. The interchangable tips are a MUST. You have four in a selection and you will use each one for different applications. If your model does not have that, then just make sure you get the fan tip.

When not in use, drain the gas or always add that gas additive that makes gas good for over three years. Gas gum up in the lines and tank is the main problem during non use times.

Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC