> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pressure relief valve
Login | Register

pressure relief valve

Posted by Anne Mamone on January 8th, 2003 09:34 AM
In reply to Presuure relief valve by Tony Green on December 16th, 2002 04:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

Last weekend I noticed the pressure relief valve dripping. I didn't know what it was or what it was for so I called my neighbor who told me that it needed to be replaced. I went to the hardware store and got a new one 30PSi and was told to shut down the main water line and open the faucets upstairs so it could be changed. I did so and when I took it off the water came surging out. I put the new one on as fast as possible and called my brother for help. He then showed me that the water had to be shut off above the furnace and explained about the tank above the furnace. My brother replaced the valve and said there may be air in the lines. There was and three of our baseboards were not working. The next morning the bucket I put under the pressure relief valve was almost full and it has continued to partially fill this bucket at some point during the day or evening about four days now. Last night I bled the baseboards and went down this morning and the bucket was full of water.

Can you tell me what is happening? Is the valve defective or does it have to do with the air in the lines causing pressure? Help!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC