> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Pressure drops in shower
Login | Register

Pressure drops in shower

Posted by Gary on November 30th, 2002 11:52 AM
In reply to Poor water pressure in shower by Kim P on April 19th, 2000 09:01 AM [Go to top of thread]

The pressure drops dramatically in shower when other lines in the house are open. I just moved in a 1970 built 1700 sf. raised ranch home in Windsor Ct. I have original American Standard oil fired baseboard heating system with a tank less coil. The unit is old possibly outdated and had several recent repairs made to it by the previous owner just to get it past our inspection. The problem is when I operate the shower and someone opens a faucet or turns on a water appliance, the shower pressure reduces noticeably. I have tried removing the flow restrictor on the showerhead, and that helped a bit but I still get water pressure surges when a line is open or closed while in the shower. The temp stays the same which is a good thing, but the pressure fluctuates depending on what is water being used. The toilet draws the most. More than the faucets, and the dishwasher and washer which only draw water pressure when a washing cycle kicks in. I would like to know how to troubleshoot this problem so that I can correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC