> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Preference, Preference, Preference ...
Login | Register

Preference, Preference, Preference ...

Posted by Jay J on June 24th, 1998 11:21 AM
In reply to Pergo: Will it Hold Up With Pets? by Meg on June 24th, 1998 10:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

I can't really tell for sure if you've read the entire thread on the original post. Sounds like you have but if you haven't, you'll want to because I'll continue as though you have.

Anyway, it is my opinion that it all comes down to preference. Pergo is inexpensive, easy to install, needs no refinishing, wears relatively well, and looks nice. Engineered and Hardwood floors, on the other hand, are more expensive, somewhat easy to install for someone who is confident with their abilities, can be refinished a 'few' times, wears relatively well, and looks nice, AND you can say it's not a laminate floor. (just my $.02). If you get lots of wear due to dogs and cats, perhaps Pergo is the way to go. When it's worn out, you throw it away (or go right over top of it again). As mentioned in a previous follow-up, Pergo has a somewhat softer surface because of the many finished layers on top of the laminate. And again, as mentioned in a previous follow-up, I like the Engineered floors. ALL these floors will scratch. Some more so than others.

I, and others, have addressed your particular concerns in the original thread so I suggest you peruse them for the details. My best to ya and hope this, and all the threads, prove useful to you.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC