> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > pre EPA
Login | Register

pre EPA

Posted by bc on January 18th, 2001 11:10 AM
In reply to Lead based paint by JackD on January 17th, 2001 02:00 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jack, you and I apparently have the same opinions on the subject. Why isn't everyone dead or in the hospital who was around lead paint, asbestos, insecticides, etc. all their lives in those days? People die more from other causes such as heart attacks.

I too was around lead paint, asbestos, swallowed leaded gasoline trying to syphon it, played with mercury in high school chemistry, used 2,4,D, DDT, used dursban and diazinon all my life(which is now being banned), drink soft drinks with artificial sweetners, didn't use a car seat or bicycle helmet, mowed lawns with a simple mower(no safety equipment), etc. and I'm still kicking as are others I know in there 70's, 80's, and 90's.

That lead paint used to be the worst for chipping and peeling and was a real pain when you had to sand and scrape a house back then. Those were the jobs usually given to the kids to do with no masks.

The epa being overly cautious and needlessly scaring us to death is an understatement. I wonder why they didn't have a global warming conference in Buffalo this winter. They seem to cater to small special interest groups instead of the majority. Anyway, this is my 2 cents worth and fodder/fertilizer for another forum. I'll get off my soapbox now and before the epa and osha worry about me since my soap box doesn't have hand rails.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC